Some can be costly and some are free.
Below you will find several methods using direct marketing tactics to launch your app.
Below are listed some of most popular Direct Marketing Tactics
13 Useful ways to direct market:
- Use app review sites – These are sites that frequently review new apps in the market. You can submit your app for the editorial staff to review and rate.
- Good PR – establishing good public relations with columnists, radio hosts and TV producers. Be an expert in the subject matter.
- Promote within other apps – try and advertise in new exciting apps.
- Use AddThis – the AddThis button will add traffic and page rank to your app.
- Use advertising companies – have advertisements placed in target areas that reflect your own target definition in terms of age, lifestyle, profession etc.
- Q & A – Participate in targetted app Q & A sessions. Provide links to learn more about you and your app and give feedback.
- Email – use email as direct marketing to friends and associates first. Adhere to spam policies on email marketing. You can get the email list from infoUSA.com
- Pricing strategy – learn from Peggle. Learn how they gained top spot by dropping their price for a promotion period.
- Walk through presentation – use this type of presentation with screen shots of your app and a description of the features and benefits.
- Tell a friend – use this feature in your app to get personal contact details
- Twitter – use a Twitter update feature in your app for users to tweet about your app.
- Exclusive content – this content about your app is exclusive within your app and not found anywhere else.
- Collaborate – find businesses who are not competitors but have similar products.